Sunday, 30 September 2012

Kindness and happiness

There maybe mad bullies around but people who say humans are mostly evil, corrupt, not kind haven't been very observant. Look at all everyday's little interactions: asking directions, buying food, etc. In absolute majority of cases people, strangers or not, are good to each other. This is why we are so shocked and upset when the opposite happens.

I've heard from several people that in places and times when and where there is violence, suffering, tension, war, people are surprisingly warm and kind to each others. When my grandmother was escaping the horrors of WWII from Western Russia to the Central Asia with a baby on her hand, she,  as she always told me, had so much help from absolute strangers. It is a scary thought that we need disasters to be good. But I think it is other way round. When there is peace and prosperity people might look cold and distant from each other but that's because we mostly don't really badly need help. We can survive on our own. We all subconsciously know about this although consciously might wish for warmer relationship. Perhaps people should try and learn to live in relatively good times and still be close to each other.

...

There are things in life which I can't change, I just have to adapt. But out of things I can change it seems that there are just three simple things which make me happy: pausing to soak in the beauty, having good relationship with people surrounding me and trying to be as creative as possible in every aspect of my life. Secret of happiness? Easy! At least in theory...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!