Friday, 18 February 2011

A few citations from a book

I've read "Always Looking Up" by Michael J. Fox recently and just wanted to write down few things I liked.

"Listening to people espouse beliefs different from mine is informative, not threatening, because the only things that can alter my worldview is a new and undeniable truth".

"I've always considered faith to be an aspect or facet of optimism, a cousin of, if not a synonym for, hope."

From Henry David Thoreau: "In dealing with truth we are immortal, and need fear no change nor accident".

"These were good people, my family, my friends. They honored fairness, fidelity, honesty, family, hard work."

(about marriage) "The more complicated it gets, the more it seems to bring out the best in us".

1 comment:

  1. To follow up and very much for my todays mood:

    “Believe nothing no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense.” Buddha

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!