Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Crisis @ school

I've received a couple of letters from my kids' school:
"We have been fortunate for a number of years to be able to subsidise the instrumental tuition from the school budget. However this year the Governing body has to make significant cuts in the budget which means that as from September we will no longer be able to do this...."

My daughter is learning to play violin & recorder and my son does guitar. That's triple the cost. I really don't know if they will be able to continue doing this... I'm trying to hope for the best of course. By the way, its interesting to me that given a very big choice of music from various genres, my daughter definitely prefers Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, John Williams & Enio Morricone. She falls to sleep listening to them plus traditional lullabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!