Thursday, 4 June 2009

Late spring holidays

Twins in stereo.
We have been to Norfolk again. The weather was good, I even managed to swim in the North Sea for about 30 seconds... My son had spent about half of hour in the water and was very happy.

We were lucky to had about a week of hot and sunny weather here in Wales.

I've done some outdoor sketching and gardening including planting jasmine (which I always wanted to have) and sorting my seeds. I had a very nice American-styled quilted pillow cover which has got too old, so I attached 12 net pockets to it with letters for different months. So I'll never forget to plant something in time. Also useful for dentists appointment cards, newspaper cuttings about upcoming events, etc.

We also visited Iron Bridge world heritage town, the site of former industrial hell. "The world's first cast iron bridge was built over the River Severn at Coalbrookdale in 1779". I thought it would be bigger when I first seen it in the booklets...

Only bad experience was seeing a puppy being run over by a car, which reminded me again how hard is cats and dogs life in towns: either they suffer being locked up or they get killed. Well, I've also encountered online a couple people who honestly though that being kind is a waste of effort and time - that's another bad experience I wish I could forget.

Anyway, I hope to visit my mother and grandmother plus many friends in Russia from mid-July to late August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!