Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Rude mothers

In Newtown I sometime see mothers taking kids to the Primary school swearing loudly among other parents and kids. I guess its supposed to be OK. Maybe its something wrong with me, but when I hear a person swearing I just feel like they cover themselves in horrible dirt and also are trying to spread it on others around them. I've heard in some places of the world you could be fined for swearing in public. Lucky them!

Today me, my kids and their friend were walking back from school when a couple of 11-13 year old boys started swearing at my kids' friend who walked first and then at all of us. Its third time on the same spot! (awesome view of the valley BTW) The kids from our hill of the High School age must be from those families where they start teaching kids "manners" at Nursery! Curiously, every time this verbal harassment had happened I was caring my kids guitar or violin. Maybe the local children just are feeling jealous because they parents didn't bother with they music lessons busy drinking & spending on themselves (sorry for harsh words)?

Anyway, that's not very important. It Russian Orthodox Christmas Eve! And we had snow in Newtown these holidays, hurray! Its only a centimeter but its been here for a couple of days (!) and the landscape looks really great, wintry, although its so slippery to go up and down the steep hills! And the snow sounds so great crunching under the feet - just like I remember it from my childhood.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! =)

    Children are reflections of how their parents treat them and others. I refuse to see how a child can turn bad without the help of the parents in one way or the other. If the kids are swearing at you it's also likely that their parents do so too, only the adults have the sense to do it when you don't hear it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!