Saturday, 8 November 2008

More fireworks


There was a nice firework display in town yesterday. A big official one with jolly Star Wars and Superman music and lots of DIYs. People gathered to watch at their favorite spots. Hilly landscape really helps with the viewing.
I know some people would like to ban fireworks completely because they dangerous and frighten animals. My opinion: people of all ages should be allowed to have fun. Especially kids. On the left a child is trying to reach the falling stars - they looked so close...
I think fireworks are banned in Israel but I've heard from friends, youngsters still do them. Illegally.
The best display I've seen was in 1990s in Geneva (below), over the lake, with music. Mind you, the DIY part went a bit crazy, with people (silly young me uncluded) blowing their fireworks in the crowd, scarring poor tourists... Moscovites too go mad with fireworks on the New Year night for the last few years. Regulations needed but please, don't throw the baby with the water!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

    I have an ivitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

    I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!