Friday, 21 November 2008

Farewell to two more pictures

That's it, time to pack them as they have been sold. Both are fantasy works in acrylic. The first one is Observation Point, the second is the Shinning World. It is always a bit sad to say farewell to artwork, but then I haven't got enough space to hung all my paintings anyway plus it would be really great if somebody else could enjoy them too. And I hope to buy a second hand violin for Christmas for my daughter with the money. I had a real barter recently when somebody from an organic shop bought a sketch of mine. So I exchanged it for a packet of tofu. Marvelous!


The idea for the first picture came from a photo of my friends and colleagues overlooking a submarine port in the Crimea. The second one was inspired by a photo of my great auntie (a ballet dancer) as a girl.






1 comment:

  1. I have always hoped that my paintings have good homes to go to. One time my Dad sold an old engine to a fellow and in return that fellow gave Dad a painting that he got in an estate auction that was painted by me. It was like a boomerang!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome!